Markets are Volunteer Powered
Volunteers assist the Market Manager with the tasks of setting up, running and packing down a market, providing customer service and sales advice.
Gain valuable and transferable skills for jobs in the retail, health and community development sectors.
Practice your English and customer service skills.
Get involved in your local community and make new friends!
Jump on board today!
● A friendly attitude & willingness to learn
● Ability to work as part of a team
● Ability to assist with manual handling tasks
● Financial literacy
● Demonstrated commitment to occupational health and safety
● Understanding of cultural appropriateness
● Capable to lifting up to 10Kg
● Standing for up to four hours at a time
● Working the tills, weighing produce and handling cash
● Point of Sale (POS) App
● Pricing and signage
● Quality control: restocking, consolidating and keeping good stock appearance
● Filling customer orders & hyper-local deliveries with trolley
● Tidying, cleaning, and flattening boxes
● Customer service: welcoming & greeting customers, responding to questions, conveying information
● Chopping fruit and veg for sale and tasting
● Conducting customer questionnaires
● Assisting with marketing and on sell strategies